McDonald’s High Chair Thief Busted, Streets Safe Again

On a pecking order of crimes that land you in prison and get you respect, this has got to be somewhere near the bottom.

From mlive.com:

“SAGINAW — A Saginaw man is charged with stealing a high chair from a Saginaw Township McDonald’s restaurant.

Miguel J. Vargas, 22, of 1721 S. Michigan is charged with larceny in a building Thursday at the eatery at 5008 State.

Saginaw Township Police Chief Donald Pussehl said an officer patrolling the State and Center area “observed Mr. Vargas walking out (of the restaurant) with a baby high chair” and then place it in a vehicle.

The officer performed a traffic stop on the vehicle, Pussehl said, and found Vargas and the high chair in the back seat.

Vargas “claims he was taking it for a joke” on a relative who was having a baby, the chief said.

In arraigning Vargas on Thursday, Saginaw County Chief District Judge M. Randall Jurrens entered a not guilty plea on his behalf and held him on a $2,000 or 10 percent bond. Vargas posted the bond and was free today.

The charge carries a maximum sentence of four years in prison.

Vargas is scheduled for a Jan. 17 preliminary hearing before District Judge Christopher S. Boyd.”

Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/01/police_man_steals_baby_high_ch.html

Father/Son Bonding Time at McDonald’s, Both Arrested

“I was gonna get you a Father’s Day gift but you know…jail…”

From baynews9.com:

“A road rage incident at a St. Petersburg McDonald’s drive-thru led to the arrest of a father and son, according to police.

Here’s what police say happened;
At approximately 3 a.m. Friday morning, a 50-year-old man was waiting in the drive-thru at McDonalds, located at 300 38th Avenue North, behind two men, later identified as 55-year-old Gregory and Kevin Fulham, 22, in a dark colored BMW.

Police said it appeared that after the Fulham’s received their food orders, they lingered at the drive-thru window for no apparent reason, causing the man behind them to honk his car horn.

This resulted in the Fulman’s exiting their car and approaching the man’s vehicle. Feeling threatened, police said the man grabbed a handgun from his glove compartment, but did not point it at the approaching suspects.

Police said Gregory Fulham went to the open driver’s window and began to punch the man in the face numerous times while his son reached in through the passenger door and grabbed the gun out of his hand.
Both father and son then got back in their car and left the area with the victim’s gun, police said.

Utilizing information from a partial tag number, detectives were able to identify the two suspects and both were arrested this afternoon.
Gregory Fulham is charged with one count of burglary assault and his son Kevin is charged with one count of armed burglary. Both have been transported to the Pinellas County Jail. The handgun taken has been recovered from the suspects.”

Source: http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2014/9/19/police_road_rage_at_.html

No Ketchup = Shooting at McDonald’s

They could have just asked…

From krctv.com:

“ANDERSON, Calif. –
Two suspects were arrested in connection with a BB gun shooting at the McDonald’s restaurant in Anderson. Police said they were disgruntled because ketchup was not included in their order.

It happened around 12:15 a.m. Tuesday. Anderson Police officers responded to a reported shooting at the Anderson McDonald’s restaurant in the 3100 block of McMurray Drive.

Employees at the business reported a red passenger car occupied by a white man and a white woman had left the business after being disgruntled over ketchup not being included in their order. Shortly afterward, the business reported the drive-up window had been shot out.

Police discovered the drive-up window had been damaged with two small holes in the window glass. A small BB gun projectile was located on the ground outside the business near the damaged window. Additionally, two vehicles in the parking lot damaged by BB gun projectiles.

Around 1:40 a.m., Anderson Police officers were in the area of the Walmart store on Rhonda Road when the officers located a red coupe parked in the south parking lot with a man and woman inside. They matched the descriptions provided of the suspects who had vandalized property at the McDonald’s.

The two occupants of the vehicle were identified as 40 year old Cottonwood resident, Michael Harvey and 29 year old Shasta Lake resident, Barbara Moore.

Police said Harvey was found to be on Probation per AB 109 (Post Release Community Supervision) and to have a felony warrant for his arrest out of Trinity County for a violation of the terms/conditions of his Probation. Harvey was taken into custody for his warrant.

Moore, who was on probation through Shasta County, was found to be in possession of a fake $100 bill. She was taken into custody for felony possession of fictitious currency.

A search of the vehicle revealed three realistic looking guns which were gas-charged, semi-automatic, BB gun handguns, BB gun projectiles similar to that found at the McDonald’s restaurant, McDonald’s food packaging and drinks, and a McDonald’s restaurant receipt for a recent purchase close in time to the reported shooting.

Harvey was booked into the Shasta County Jail for his Felony Warrant and Moore was booked into the Shasta County Jail for Felony Possession of Fictitious Currency.

Police said additional charges will be sought for Harvey and Moore regarding their suspected involvement concerning the shooting.”

Source: http://m.krcrtv.com/police-suspects-shot-at-mcdonalds-after-ketchup-dispute/28204708

Man Charged with Terrorism in McDonald’s Parking Lot

Not seeing where he tried to use violence to accomplish political aims (definition of terrorism) but in a world where the bomb squad gets called on a special needs kid for drawing a cartoonish bomb on a piece of paper, this fits.

From onlineathens.com:

“Byron Kyle Mincey, 52, of Barnett Shoals Road, was arrested Sunday night after causing a disturbance in the parking lot of McDonald’s on U.S. Highway 29 North, Athens-Clarke County police said.

An employee said Mincey was cursing and making “perverted” motions in front of females, according to police. When a customer reported seeing a snake in the parking lot, an employee went out to look for it, and Mincey allegedly used an ax handle to damage the employee’s truck, then brandished a large knife and threatened the two men, police said.

Officers arrived just as Mincey was attempting to leave. He was charged with terroristic threats or acts, police said.”

Source: http://m.onlineathens.com/blotter/2014-09-22/arrest-made-mcdonalds-disturbance#gsc.tab=0

Creeper Nude from Waist Down Creepily Sits Near McDonald’s Restroom, is Creepy

Who says romance is dead?

From CBS:

“NEW CASTLE (KDKA) – A man already facing open lewdness charges was arrested on similar charges for allegedly exposing himself inside a Lawrence County McDonald’s in June.

According to police, the incident happened at the restaurant in New Castle on June 24.

When police were called to the restaurant, a woman inside said a man was sitting near the restroom and was not wearing pants. As she walked by the man, he spread his legs to expose his genitals.

The suspect in the case has been identified as Preston Sager, 47, of New Castle. He was arrested on Aug. 30, in connection with another case.

Previously, Sager was wanted on open lewdness, resisting arrest and indecent exposure charges stemming from a Beaver County library.

Police say their investigation started with a phone call from a library employee in Beaver County, who reportedly saw Sager exposing himself in the library.

“He had about 30 videos of our library,” said Officer Wijnen-Riems. “He would stick a camera underneath the desk that he was sitting at, across from somebody and videotape their private parts, their stomach, their legs, women with skirts on. Some of the pictures were young girls, you could tell by the clothing.”

Detectives say once confronted, Sager admitted to lewd behavior.

“He said, ‘I have a problem.’ He said, ‘I had no clothes on, I was trying to get her attention,” Officer Wijnen-Riems said. “I said, “You are going to be arrested for that.” He said, “Okay, do what you need to do.’”

While in custody, police determined Sager was also the suspect in the McDonald’s incident. He was picked out of a lineup on Sept. 5, by two separate witnesses.

Sager is facing a list of charges including, corruption of minors, indecent exposure and open lewdness.”

Source: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/09/18/man-facing-more-charges-for-exposing-himself-at-new-castle-mcdonalds/

McDonald’s Among NFL Sponsors Voicing Concern Regarding Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson Scandals

On a positive note: 300th post!

Some sponsors are pulling their sponsorship altogether, some are “concerned” such as the Golden Arches.

From AP:

“Major sponsors including Anheuser-Busch are adding to the chorus of disapproval over the National Football League’s recent scandals, but the companies are stopping short of pulling advertising.

Anheuser-Busch said Tuesday that it has spoken with the NFL about concerns related to recent incidents that are sparking outcry from fans, including an investigation into how long the NFL and its commissioner Roger Goodell knew about a video that shows Baltimore Raven Ray Rice beating his then-fiancee; as well as the Minnesota Vikings’ decision to let Adrian Peterson play while he faces an abuse charge for spanking his 4-year-old son with a wooden switch.

McDonald’s, Visa and Campbell Soup Co. say they have also voiced similar concerns to the league.

The statements come after Radisson hotels said Monday that it was pulling its sponsorship of the Minnesota Vikings. No other brands have pulled sponsorships from teams or the NFL.

But the statements from sponsors are becoming increasingly strongly worded.

Only last week, several big sponsors like GM and FedEx said they were monitoring the situation or watching it closely. Others like Anheuser-Busch and Procter & Gamble stayed silent.

This week, sponsors are making it clear they have made the NFL aware of their concerns. A-B used the harshest language, saying it was “disappointed and increasingly concerned.”

The NFL responded to the sponsors’ statements late Tuesday with a short statement of its own:

“We understand. We are taking action and there will be much more to come,” the organization said.

As the NFL and various team executives navigate scandal, much is at stake: The money companies pay each year to be official sponsors -not including advertising and promotions- is worth about $1.07 billion for the league and all of its teams, according to sponsorship consultancy IEG. The NFL is a coveted partner for brands since an average of 17.4 million people tune in during a regular season NFL game, about 65 percent men and 35 percent women, according to Nielsen.

Experts say that brands are taking their cues by how upset consumers seem.

“It takes something pretty dramatic before those league sponsors who have invested in some cases hundreds of millions in their relationship with NFL seek to end their partnership or do something like that,” said Jim Andrews, senior vice president of content strategy at IEG. “They follow the fans. They will be constantly monitoring and testing the waters to see what the fan reaction to this is.”

For Anheuser-Busch, those sponsorship fees alone are worth an estimated $50 million. The beer maker said Tuesday that it is “disappointed and increasingly concerned” by the recent incident.

“We are not yet satisfied with the league’s handling of behaviors that so clearly go against our own company culture and moral code,” the company said in a statement. “We have shared our concerns and expectations with the league.”

Also on Tuesday, McDonald’s issued a similar statement, saying “we have questions surrounding these evolving situations and are closely monitoring as the appropriate parties investigate these matters,” The company added it has “communicated our concerns to the league, and we expect it to take strong and necessary actions to address these issues.”

On Monday, Visa said domestic violence in any form is unacceptable and has no place in the NFL and society.

“As a long-standing sponsor we have spoken with the NFL about our concerns regarding recent events, and reinforced the critical importance that they address these issues with great seriousness.”

Campbell Soup said it had also spoken to the NFL about the Ray Rice video investigation.

“Upon completion of the investigation, we expect the NFL to take appropriate action,” Campbell Soup Co. said in a statement. “We have shared our views with the NFL.”

Also on Tuesday, Procter & Gamble responded to a fake Covergirl NFL ad that went viral on social media. The ad depicted a woman with a black eye. The company posted a statement on its Covergirl Facebook page saying “domestic violence is completely unacceptable”. The company went further, saying that it has “encouraged the NFL to take swift action on their path forward to address the issue of domestic violence.”

Source: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NFL_SPONSORSHIPS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-09-16-18-35-38

Police Seeking to Catch McDonald’s Robbers Offer Incredibly Vague Description

Cops are looking for help in solving this caper. Three of five suspects apprehended but they’re looking for a black guy that owns a blue sweatshirt or another black guy with a black hooded sweatshirt. So basically, from the description the police give, anyone male of Farmington Hills’ 17.4% black population and who also likes sweatshirts. Glad they were so specific, this should go well. I wonder what the description people gave for the suspects that were caught?

“He wore a shirt and had hair and he wasn’t tall but he wasn’t really short either…sort of average height.”

From clickondetroit.com:

“Farmington Hills police said they’ve arrested three people in connection with the armed robbery of a McDonald’s early Thursday morning but are still looking for two more.

Police said officers were called to the fast food restaurant at 14 Mile and Orchard Lake roads just before 3 a.m. on the report of suspicious people. When officers arrived, the people ran off to an apartment complex. Shortly after, police said they got a call that the restaurant had been robbed at gunpoint. The descriptions of the suspicious group of people and the robbers matched. Through their investigation, police found two rifles and two cash drawers from the robbery and arrested three suspects.

Police said they are still looking for two more suspects who are described as two black males in their late teens or early twenties. One of the males was wearing a blue sweatshirt with green shorts and white tennis shoes. The other suspect was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with a white zipper, black shorts, and yellow tennis shoes. The faces of both subjects were covered, one with a bandana and one with an article of clothing.

Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the Farmington Hills Police Department at 248-871-2610.”

Source: http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/police-arrest-3-in-farmington-hills-mcdonalds-robbery-but-seek-2-more/28014888