Coachella McDonald’s Drive Thru Crash Leads to Arrest

COACHELLA – A minor collision in a McDonald’s drive-through line ended in the arrest of one driver on suspicion of drunken driving early Sunday.

Police were called to the fast-food restaurant at 83-131 Avenue 48 about 2:20 a.m. after the driver of a Toyota Avalon reportedly ran into the back of a Nissan Versa.

Neither car was damaged, but the driver of the Nissan complained of neck pain, Coachella Police Sgt. John Clark said.

The driver of the Toyota, Ana Rodriguez, 56, of Indio, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. She was taken to a local hospital for a precautionary exam before being booked into the Riverside County jail in Indio, Clark said.

Source: http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/2014/06/29/coachella-mcdonalds-drive-collision-dui-arrest/11706169/

Shia LaBeouf Chases Homeless Man Around Demanding His Bag of McDonald’s

Shia LaBeouf reportedly chased a homeless man around Times Square, shortly before he was arrested for “disorderly conduct” during a performance of ‘Cabaret’ in New York.

The star was allegedly seen yelling at the homeless man and demanding that he hand over what appeared to be McDonald’s bag, just hours before he was seen being led out of the Studio 54 theatre in handcuffs.

A bystander, who claims to have seen the actor “dodging pedestrians” in Times Square to catch up with the homeless man, told the New York Post: “At first I thought the bum had stolen something from him. But the bum was responding in almost a joking manner.”

Another witness added: “He really wanted whatever was in that bag. He had so much focus … If there were French fries in the bag, maybe he really wanted to eat them.

“He was dodging people and yelling, ‘Yo, come on!’ … He was on a mission. It was so bizarre.”

The newspaper claims that Shia then headed to the Studio 54 theatre, where he sat through the first half of ‘Cabaret’ but just couldn’t seem to keep his mouth shut, to the annoyance of those around him.

A fellow audience member said: “Shia was being lewd, grunting and yelling in a lascivious way, ‘Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaah.’ It was really odd and creepy.”

More at source: http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5539306

McDonald’s Surveillance Cam Catches Deputy Driving Cruiser While Friend Taunts People Through Loudspeaker

By Tonya Alanez, Sun Sentinel

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — The drunken, inappropriate remarks and catcalls coming from the loudspeaker of a marked Broward sheriff’s patrol car had bystanders scratching their heads and dialing 911.

It was after 2:30 a.m. on a weekend when the first of several 911 callers reported two young men, not in uniform, driving a marked patrol car through the lively Las Olas and Himmarshee bar-hopping districts with the loudspeaker blaring.

“They’re saying extremely lewd and really stupid things over the P.A.,” the first caller reported.

“Apparently there are some kids with dad’s off-duty car,” another caller said. “They’re saying rude comments and driving around. … I don’t think sheriffs would act like that.”

It turns out it was an actual deputy behind the wheel.

Deputy Rodrigo Mello was off-duty when he took two drunken friends on a joy ride in his marked 2007 Dodge Charger and gave one of them free reign over the P.A. system, according to internal affairs records obtained by the Sun Sentinel.

Mello, 33, a deputy for nearly a decade, was fired as a result of the Aug. 11 incident. Since his termination in January, Mello has been seeking to regain his job through an arbitration process.

“The agency is opposing any attempt by him to be reinstated,” Veda Coleman-Wright, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Office, said Wednesday.

Thinking the patrol car had been stolen, Fort Lauderdale police pulled Mello and his friends over in an alley after 911 calls began streaming in reporting the errant cruiser.

Mello, who was driving, immediately produced his badge and identification to confirm he was a deputy, a noticeably intoxicated friend was in the front passenger seat and a woman was passed out in the back seat, records show.

A sheriff’s captain, who went to the scene, determined Mello was not intoxicated, took his vehicle and sent him home, records show.

Mello, who was scheduled to work later that Sunday morning, had texted his boss at 12:22 a.m., about 2 1/2 hours before he was pulled over, to say he needed “to take a sick day” because of “food poisoning.”

“It was stupid as could be and I look back at it now and it’s absolutely ridiculous,” Mello later said in a sworn statement. “It was innocent fun. Now looking back at it, it was the stupidest decision I ever made in my life.”

An arbitrator has not yet been selected to oversee Mello’s quest to regain his job, said Jeff Marano, president of the Police Benevolent Association.

“It’s not a career-ender,” Marano said of the incident. “Did he do something silly? Yeah, but you don’t execute a person for that.”

Despite telephone messages, neither Mello nor his attorney could be reached for comment.

Surveillance cameras at a parking garage, the Broward County Library, McDonald’s and 7-Eleven captured images of the sheriff’s cruiser either passing by, making U-turns, stopping and blocking the roadway or flashing its emergency lights, records show.

A hot dog vendor at the corner of Southeast First Avenue and Second Street told deputies he was repeatedly heckled by the joy-riding cruiser that first drove by about 2 a.m. and passed by at least three more times in a half-hour.

“Hey, how are your hot dogs? Those hot dogs any good?” the vendor, who is not identified by name in the investigative report, said he heard. “I want a hot dog.”

Whoever was on the loudspeaker also issued catcalls to women on the street and seemed fixated on women’s private parts, the vendor said.

“Girls, put your vaginas back in your pants,” the vendor said he heard repeatedly.

Sheriff’s Capt. Fernando Gajate, who went to the scene, received a written reprimand for failing to take suitable action, records show. The report did not specify what action he should have taken that night

Gajate, through a sheriff’s spokesperson, declined to comment for this article.

According to records, Gajate, 48, reported that when he arrived, Mello’s male passenger was sitting on the curb and the woman was “laying on the grassy area near the curb.”

Gajate said he didn’t smell alcohol on Mello, his eyes weren’t bloodshot, he didn’t slur his words and he was able to stand. He concluded that Mello was not intoxicated, took his vehicle and sent the deputy home, records show.

According to the investigative report, Mello told Gajate his friends had called to say they were drunk and needed a ride home and his marked unit was the only vehicle available to him.

Mello also told Gajate he had a single alcoholic beverage earlier in the evening, records show.

When Mello gave a sworn statement on Oct. 30, his account changed.

According to his statement, Mello said he had joined a group of about 10 gym friends at Rocco’s Tacos on Las Olas Boulevard about 9 p.m. He had two or three alcoholic drinks during the three or four hours he was there and he did “not at all” feel intoxicated.

From Rocco’s they relocated to Vibe, a bar on Las Olas, where they spent an hour. When it was time to leave, his friends were “extremely intoxicated,” Mello said, so he agreed to drive them home.

Mello said his friend remarked that he’d never been in a police car before, so Mello “flashed his lights once” and gave him permission to say something over the P.A. system. Mello did not recall anything lewd or offensive being said.

“It was an absolute stupid decision,” Mello said, according to the investigative report. “I’ve brought embarrassment to myself, my family, the department.”

Mello was hired by the Cooper City Police Department in March 2003 and became a deputy when the department merged with the Sheriff’s Office in February 2004.

His Jan. 14 termination was founded on lack of discretion, conduct unbecoming and having unauthorized passengers in his vehicle.

“It is alleged that Deputy Mello did not use common sense and good judgment in this case,” the investigative report says.

Source: http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_17119.shtml?wap=0

Drunk Teens Attack McDonald’s Staff with Foam Tubes

Two drunk teenagers have been filmed attacking staff in a McDonalds with foam tubes.

A 90-second clip, which has clocked up more than 12,000 views on Facebook, shows Ben Hall and Joel Melia hitting two female employees before being chased out of the fast food restaurant.

The video, which was recorded by one of their friends has gone viral, being shared by 8,000 people, and prompting over 3,000 comments.

But the unrepentant teens from Burnley in Lancashire have refused to apologise for their behaviour despite police confirming they were investigating reports of an assault.

More at source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2664587/A-big-whack-fries-Police-investigate-drunk-pranksters-film-hitting-McDonalds-staff-giant-foam-tubes.html

Woman a Banned from Driving After Crashing into McDonald’s

A DRUNKEN young woman who crashed her car into a McDonald’s drive through has been banned from driving.

Natalie Rigby knocked the wing mirror off her car as she tried to leave the restaurant in Bathgate. Livingston Sheriff Court heard today she got out to pick up the broken pieces then climbed back into the driver’s seat.

Rigby – who was nearly three times the drink drive limit – was also seen scraping the side of her Vauxhall Corsa along a fence near the exit.

Staff called police and Rigby, 21, was stopped on the way to her home in the town.

She pleaded guilty to driving with 102 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath, nearly three times the legal limit.

She also admitted failing to stop after the accidents and failing to report them.

Lyndsey Armstrong, prosecuting, said the incident happened just after midnight on May 8 this year.

She said: “Somebody who was working at the drive-through restaurant saw her holding broken parts in her hand and formed the view that she was intoxicated.”

Ms Armstrong moved for forfeiture of Rigby’s £4,000 car because of the high breathalyzer reading.

Raymond McMenamin, defending, said the single mum had been out for a meal with a friend and had planned to leave the car in the restaurant car park.

But she had a major fallout after a drinking session and ended up going back to sit in her car to talk things through.

He said: “She’s described her decision to drive as one of the worst decisions she’s ever made.

“She was angry and she was upset and it seems that her reasoning wasn’t at the forefront of her mind. She recognises this was a gross error of judgment on her part.

“She’s a first offender and, in all the circumstances, forfeiture of her car would be excessive.”

Sheriff Martin Edington fined her £605 and banned her from driving for 16 months.

He told her: “Your behaviour that night was really quite reprehensible.

“Not only did you drive while nearly three times the drink drive limit you had not one but two accidents and failed to stop and report either of them.”

He refused to confiscate the car but told Rigby: “If your struggling financially you may want to sell the car and pay the fines immediately.”

Source: http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/drunk-woman-crashed-into-mcdonald-s-drive-through-1-3455027

Satire: Man Takes Tank to Oklahoma McDonald’s Drive Thru, Gets Arrested

[NORMAN, OK] An Oklahoma man was arrested Wednesday on charges of disturbing the peace, destruction of property, operating an unregistered motor vehicle, and possessing illegal rounds of ammunition, after having driven a tank… yes, an actual tank… to a drive thru window at a local McDonald’s restaurant in the town of Norman, a suburb of Oklahoma City.
Robert Sherwood, 58, of Paul’s Valley Oklahoma was arrested at 3:45 pm Wednesday after driving his legally-owned 45-ton 1956 M48 Patton tank to the drive-thru window of a McDonald’s restaurant, where he attempted to order meals for himself and several friends, who were parked in a pickup truck two-dozen feet from where the incident took place.
Authorities say Sherwood’s tank was “fully armed” with six 90mm shells for the tank’s main gun, and “hundreds of rounds” of .50 caliber and .30 caliber bullets for the tank’s two machine guns. Inside the vehicle, Sherman also had three handguns, a .22 caliber hunting rifle, and AR-15 and AK47 assault rifles. Police later found two hand grenades as well, but neither was functional.
Sherwood, a former stock broker and 8-year US National Guard veteran, had previously entered the McDonald’s restaurant a week earlier carrying his AK47, along with three friends also carrying assault weapons. The store’s manager, who has not been identified, demanded the four men leave the premises, inspiring Sherwood to return with his tank, which he purchased legally in 2011 for approximately $256,000.
Sherwood’s tank damaged roads, uprooted street signs, and nearly knocked over a telephone pole before arriving at McDonald’s. At the restaurant itself, the tank destroyed the parking lot, severely damaged a wall and the edge of the roof over the window, crushed bushes and flowers, and took the bumper off a parked car owned by the parents of one of the restaurant’s employees. Early estimates range upwards of $100 thousand to $400 thousand in total damages. But according to Oklahoma NRA spokesman Charles Spencer, the most damaging thing of all was the violation of Sherwood’s civil rights.
“Rob Sherwood has a constitutional right to own firearms, and yes, that should include these vehicles,” Spencer said during an interview with a local radio station. “This is an American patriot who was wrongfully arrested for expressing his second amendment rights in a civilized, rational, safe manner. He’s a registered gun owner, he pays his taxes, the vehicle is legally owned, he has a driver’s license, and he had every intention of paying for his meal. No one was in the gunner’s seat, either, so there was no risk of the vehicle’s cannon being fired. They had no right to illegally detain Rob Sherwood. This is an Obama hatchet-job, and the NRA won’t stand for it.”
Sherwood’s lawyer told reporters that his client was expected to be released Wednesday evening, though local law enforcement have seized his tank and other weapons. The FBI and ATF plan to interview Sherwood before he is released on bail, which the NRA has agreed to pay in full on Sherwood’s behalf.

Source: http://nationalreport.net/civil-activist-arrested-taking-tank-drive-thru/#sthash.qLeCxHXX.dpuf

Man Previously Caught Wanking in Van at McDonald’s Busted for Again Wanking in Van by Texas A&M Police

The man accused of exposing himself to a woman on Wednesday is a registered sex offender twice convicted of indecent exposure.
Calvin Coffer, 23, was arrested at about 7:45 p.m. after unknowingly knocking on a Texas A&M police officer’s back door, Bryan police said.
Authorities had been looking for a man matching his description since 6:30 a.m., when a woman reported seeing a man masturbating in a green van that was blocking her car, according to police.
Officers eventually found his abandoned vehicle near Colony Chase Drive along with his identification card inside, police said.
He was taken into custody after Lt. Allan Baron, spokesman for Texas A&M police, found him in his backyard and called dispatch.
Baron said he immediately told Coffer to get out of his backyard and Coffer complied.
Coffer was charged with criminal trespass, indecent exposure and driving with an invalid license, each a Class B misdemeanor punishable by up to 180 days in jail.
Coffer’s previous convictions include burglary, assault and criminal trespass, as well as indecent exposure in 2011 and 2012. In one of those incidents, witnesses saw Coffer masturbating in a McDonald’s parking lot.
He remained behind bars Thursday in lieu of $52,000 bail.

Source: http://m.theeagle.com/news/local/police-two-time-sex-offender-arrested/article_cee4bfec-f83a-11e3-bdaa-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm